May 6th 2022
3 days left
Solihull, West Midlands
Job Title : Senior Technician
Location : Solihull, West Midlands
Job Tags :
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. We are based in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, where we work in a tight-knit but ever-expanding team. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and successful recruits will have the opportunity to be a part of that growth. The Norton company culture is built on respect, trust, and responsibility. We trust our employees to be fully capable of executing their role/s exceptionally and professionally, whilst valuing personal development, teaching and learning.
We are now preparing to launch two models in the UK market. The bikes will initially be sold through our own Dealership (Norton Birmingham), and this will be closely followed by an expansion of our distribution network in the UK, and then internationally. We are looking for a Senior Technician to work in our first Norton Customer Centre (NCC), providing the full range of Aftersales support to owners of Norton Motorcycles built from 2022 onwards.
The role will initially report directly to the Head of Sales & Aftersales until a General Manager for Norton Birmingham is recruited.
The role will initially be based at our new HQ in Solihull, however a separate site for the retail business is being sought and the successful candidate will be expected to work there once it has been opened. It is likely that the new NCC will be close to the HQ in Solihull. The business is part of The Norton Motorcycle Co. Ltd. and the NCC will be our first “Company Store” and flagship Dealer. When it opens, Norton Birmingham will provide the full range of sales and aftersales services to prospects and owners of Norton Motorcycles built by our company, from 2022 onwards.
• Provide the full range of technical support to NB customers, including:
- Fault diagnosis
- Service, maintenance, and repairs
- PDI’s for new motorcycles
- Assessment and refurbishment of Used Motorcycles
• Oversee the work carried out by all other Technicians employed within NB.
• Ensure that all work undertaken by the NB workshop is completed in a safe and professional manner.
• Liaise with, and advise the Service Advisor(s) to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all work.
• Support the Service Advisor(s) with workshop loading and time management.
• Follow all company procedures, and ensure that all other Technicians employed do likewise.
• Support the production of all Technical Publications.
• Provide feedback and support to all departments within Norton Motorcycles on Technical matters relating to Quality, Warranty, Production etc.
• Actively seek continuous improvement in all aspects of the work done.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s success.
Candidates must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Initially, the working hours are a 37.5 / week, Monday-Friday, from 8.30am - 4.30pm with a 30-minute lunch break.
However, when the new retail site opens the hours and days will change in line with normal retail businesses. This will include weekends and could include some evenings and the successful candidate will be expected to agree to any reasonable changes.
You will be excited by the opportunity to play a key role in the first, flagship, Norton Customer Centre, and:
- has a passion for excellence and customer service.
- is capable of managing and training more junior Technicians if required.
- enjoys working as part of a team and wants to contribute beyond this specific role.
You will be an experienced Motorcycle Senior Technician who has:
- completed an apprenticeship in motorcycle mechanics.
- a recognised, high-level qualification, e.g. Master Technician, from one or more motorcycle premium brands (e.g. Honda / BMW / Triumph / Ducati).
- 3 or more years’ experience in carrying out motorcycle road tests and fault diagnosis.
- 5 years or more experience in a busy Motorcycle dealership.
- a full UK motorcycle licence with no more than 3 points on it.
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
• 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
• A generous pension scheme
• Life insurance
• WeCare Employee Assistance Programme
• On-site free parking
• Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
• Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
• Competitive salary package