Bikejobs.co.uk Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions are for use of the bikejobs.co.uk website (the Site) which is owned by JPM63 Ltd. You may access the Site in several ways, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, PDA, mobile phone and RSS feeds. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access the Site, on whatever device.
By using the Site you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
1. Permitted Use Subject to what is said below, material from the Site may be downloaded, viewed, listened-to, printed, copied on the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopied) and used for: your own personal, non-commercial purposes; internal business purposes; or the non-commercial purpose of using the Site as a personal information resource in good faith ONLY. Single copies of pages from the Site may be printed out for the sole purposes of enabling the person printing the page to retain a copy for their own personal records. Any other type of use (and, in particular, any copying or distribution of material from the Site for any commercial or business purpose) requires the prior written agreement of JPM63 Ltd.
1.2 You agree that you will not use the Site: for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect; in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person; which will compromise the privacy or data protection rights of any person; for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation; for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded from the Site; to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party; or in any way that might bring JPM63 Ltd or it’s employees into disrepute.
2. Registration This Clause 2 shall apply where you register with Bikejobs for use of the Site.
2.1 You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested by Bikejobs in the registration form ("the Registration Information"). You agree to maintain and promptly update the Registration Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You agree to keep the password for your access to Bikejobs.co.uk confidential and agree not to permit anyone else to have access to it. Furthermore you agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password.
2.2 You agree to immediately notify Bikejobs of any unauthorised use of your password.
2.3 You agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Bikejobs cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
3. Removal of material and cancellation of access to the Site 3.1 Bikejobs shall have the right to cancel your registration and/or refuse you access to the site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and Bikejobs shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Bikejobs or its employees) arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.
3.2 Bikejobs shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the pages on the Site any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice and Bikejobs shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Bikejobs or its employees) arising from the removal of such material.
3.3 Bikejobs will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the interactive pages of the Site and therefore, unless Bikejobs is specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that they are responsible for having made it available on the Site. Bikejobs shall have the right (but not the obligation) to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or made available on the forums or the website without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
3.4 If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Site please let Bikejobs know by calling 01780-768581 or by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
4. Rights Clearances The copyright, and other rights, in some of the material appearing on the Site may belong to a third party. It is your responsibility to obtain any licences or permissions that may be required to use such material and you agree to pay any costs or expenses incurred by Bikejobs which arise as a result of your failure to obtain such licences and permissions.
5. Submitting Content You may submit material for publication on parts of the Site, including blogs, forums and Ad of the day/week. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy. If you want to submit material to Bikejobs for publication on the Site, you may do so on the following terms and conditions: 5.1 Bikejobs may publish and make available to the public by any means any material that you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site at their sole discretion and they shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
5.2 You hereby grant Bikejobs a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
5.3 You hereby waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 in respect of any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to bikejobs.co.uk. 5.4 Publication of any material you submit to us will be at Bikejobs’ sole discretion. Bikejobs reserves the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication 5.5 You warrant to Bikejobs that any material you submit to the Site is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights 5.6 You warrant that the material you submit and the language that you use is not obscene, abusive, hateful, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal 5.7 You agree not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset other users, to breach confidence, to compromise privacy or to process personal data in an unauthorised manner. 5.8 You agree not to post material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful. 5.9 You agree not to place any links on the Site where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these terms.5.10 You agree that, except where expressly permitted by Bikejobs, you will not place on the Site advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use the Site for any commercial purposes (which would include using the Site to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).5.11 You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause Bikejobs damage or loss and you agree to indemnify Bikejobs in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses. 5.12 Bikejobs reserves the right to remove your access to individual services completely if Bikejobs believes that you are abusing the services in any way.
6. Liability 6.1 Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by Bikejobs and its employees in these pages, the contents of the Site reflect the opinions of the writers, they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Bikejobs or any of its brands, they are personal to the writer and are naturally subject to change from time to time. It is the responsibility of users to check the accuracy of relevant facts and take appropriate professional advice before entering into any commitment based upon them.
6.2 Bikejobs can not guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. Bikejobs, its directors, its employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Bikejobs or its employees) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
6.3 Some of the pages on the Site include material (including, but not limited to, advertisements) posted by third parties. This includes most of the material that is posted on the “Jobs” section of the Site which has been posted by third party employment agencies and businesses. Individual users and advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising and other material which they submit to Bikejobs and for ensuring that such content complies with all relevant legislation. Bikejobs accepts no responsibility for the content of material posted by third parties, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
6.4 On some of the pages of the Site users may be given the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. Bikejobs is not a party to those agreements, does not act as an agent for those third parties (who, in turn, do not act as agents for Bikejobs) and Bikejobs is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by users with any third party.
7. Links 7.1 Some of the pages on the Site include links to external websites. These links are included to give users the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of assistance to them. Bikejobs is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites.
7.2 You may not display the contents of the Site (or any page from it) to be displayed surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from the Site
8. Viruses 8.1 Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the pages of the Site are free from viruses, Bikejobs gives no warranties that they are indeed free from viruses and users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software.
8.2 Bikejobs excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of Bikejobs or its employees) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of:
(a) the pages on the Site or any other Internet sites; or(b) any material downloaded from the Site or any other Internet sites.
9. Intellectual Property The names, images and logos identifying Bikejobs or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of JPM63 Ltd, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and JMP63 Ltd reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
10. Variations These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
11. Severability If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
12. Jurisdiction 12.1 The Site has been created with UK users in mind and therefore its content may not be appropriate or lawful outside of the UK. Users from outside of the UK should therefore verify for themselves whether or not it is appropriate for them to access the Site
12.2 The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
13. JPM63 Limited JPM63 Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under number 6455130 whose registered office is at Carlton House, High Street, Higham Ferrers, Northants NN10 8BW and whose VAT Registration Number is 973 7578 60
bikejobs.co.uk Advertiser Terms and Conditions (Including Job Advertisements)
The following terms and conditions are for use with anyone that wishes to post advertisements on the Bikejobs website (the Site) which is owned by JPM63 Ltd. These terms apply in addition to the general Terms and Conditions for use of the Website.
By placing an Order (defined below) with Bikejobs, you are offering to post the Advertisement (defined below) on the following Terms and Conditions.
Please print and retain a copy of Your Order and these Terms and Conditions for Your records once you have submitted Your Order. These Terms and Conditions are not available in any other language than English.
1. DefinitionsIn these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall have these meanings:
“the Advertisement” means the advertisement specified in Your Order;
“Confirmatory Email” means an email that Bikejobs sends to you at the email address You provided in Your Order to confirm that Your Order has been placed, and (where relevant) to confirm that Your debit/credit card has been debited and Your Order accepted; or to confirm that your order invoice has been dispatched to the email address above.
“Fee” means the fee payable by you for the Service calculated by reference to the criteria set out on the “Advertise your Vacancy” page of the Site;
“Job Advertisement” means an advertisement that advertises the availability of a job or service contract on the Site;
“Order” means your offer to take up the Service communicated by you to Bikejobs through the order page of the Site;
“Service” means the service whereby Bikejobs posts Your Advertisement on the Site upon the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions;
“Username and Password“ means the unique username and password that Bikejobs may allocate to you to enable you to place orders; and
“You” means the person or entity named as Bikejobs’s client in the Order.
2. Your User InformationYou undertake to: ensure that the information that we hold about you whenever an Order is placed is current, honest and accurate; keep Your Username and Password secure and not disclose them to any persons that are not authorised to place Orders on Your behalf; and remain responsible and liable to Bikejobs for all Orders placed using Your Username and Password.
3. Placing Orders3.1 With any Order that You make We must receive full details of the Advertisement that you wish to place on the Site and all other criteria detailed on the order page of the Site.
3.2 Upon placing any Order You will be required to provide (if appropriate) full credit/debit card details. If Your Order is accepted Bikejobs will send you a Confirmatory Email, Your credit/debit card will be debited or you will be invoiced for for the Fee and the Service will commence. Bikejobs reserves the right to refuse any Order that You place at its discretion and will have no obligation to provide You with any reasons for so refusing. Please note that if We do not send You a Confirmatory Email you should not assume that your offer has been accepted. All invoices to be paid in full within 3 days of dispatch.
3.3 You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and the general Terms and Conditions for use of the Website when You submit Your Order and no variation of these terms or conditions shall be effective unless agreed in writing with Bikejobs.
3.4 The prices payable for the Service are the prices set out in the confirmation email in pounds sterling on the date of your Order. Bikejobs prices are Exclusive of VAT.
Job Advertisements4.1 We do not allow job advertisments placed on the Site if you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ('the Act')).
4.2 Bikejobs has rules regarding the content and format of Job Advertisements whose purpose is to ensure that users who search the Site jobs database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that Bikejobs may, at its discretion and without liability to You, remove from the Site any Job Advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and You are advised to refer to them regularly.
The rules are:
1. No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients' jobs. 2. No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views. 3. Job Advertisements placed must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment. 4. URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the 'send an email' link and url linking is permitted from the 'apply online' link.
4.3 Job Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. If Bikejobs believes that a Job Advertisement may be discriminatory it may at its discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from the Site without liability to You to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
4.4 You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to Job Advertisement that you have posted and Bikejobs does not guarantee any response to your Advertisements or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
4.5 Job Advertisements that You post may also appear on third party recruitment websites pursuant to agreements from time to time between Bikejobs and the proprietors of such websites.
Content of All Advertisements
5.1 All Advertisements must comply with the following terms and conditions: 1. You warrant to Bikejobs that any Advertisement is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights;2. You warrant that any Advertisement that you submit and the language that you use in it is not obscene, abusive, hateful, obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person; 3. You agree not to post any Advertisement which is deliberately intended to upset other users, to breach confidence, to compromise privacy or to process personal data in an unauthorised manner; 4. You agree not to post any Advertisement which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful; 5. You agree not to place within any Advertisement any links where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these terms;6. You agree not to post any Advertisement which contravenes the relevant codes of conduct imposed by the Advertising Standards Authority; 7. You agree not to post, upload or otherwise transmit any Advertisement which:a. infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect; b. will compromise the privacy or data protection rights of any person; orc. may bring Bikejobs into disrepute.8. You agree not to use the Service for:a. the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", “affiliate schemes”, or any other so called “business opportunity” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation; b. for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
5.3 You acknowledge that any breach of the terms/warranties given above may cause Bikejobs damage or loss and you agree to indemnify Bikejobs in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage that it incurs as a result of publishing material that You submit to it, including consequential losses.
5.4 Bikejobs may publish and make available to the public by any means any Advertisement that you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to it at their sole discretion and they shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
5.5 If your Advertisement links to another website via our external apply online option or otherwise, You are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of Your Advertisement and the linked website. Bikejobs may remove from the Site any Advertisement which contains content or links to a website which, in Bikejobs opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring Bikejobs into disrepute. You will indemnify Bikejobs from and against any claims or liability arising from the content of websites that are linked to from your Advertisement.
5.6 Bikejobs reserves the right to remove your Advertisements completely if Bikejobs believes that you are abusing the Service in any way.
No Notification of Changes
6. We reserve the right to change, modify, remove or substitute without notice any information shown on the Site (including these Terms and Conditions) so you are advised to check the current prices listed on the Site and check these Terms and Conditions whenever Orders are placed.
7.1 As we are a UK company, all charges are in Pounds Sterling. If you are placing an Order from overseas, we will require payment in Pounds Sterling within 7 days via BACS payment.
7.2 The Site and these Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom. Whilst we will consider Orders from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the Site or the placing of any Order through the Site from outside the UK complies with any applicable non-UK laws or regulations. Accordingly, any services not permitted under your local law are not offered to you. Furthermore, we reserve the right to refuse any Order at Bikejobs discretion from overseas customers and we will have no obligation to provide You with any reasons for refusing an Order.
8.1 It is Your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate equipment and are connected to the appropriate services to enable you to post Advertisements to the Site.
8.2 Subject to Clause 8.3 below Bikejobs shall not be liable to you or any other third party claiming through you for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of, or relating to this contract, Your Order and the Service whether framed as a breach of warranty, in tort, contract, failure of essential purpose, or otherwise. Subject to Clause 8.3 below in no event shall Bikejobs liability to you in relation to the Service exceed the Fee.
8.3 No clause in these Terms and Conditions shall serve to exclude or limit either party’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising out of negligence.
8.3 If You wish to cancel any Order Bikejobs, at it’s discretion, may charge you an administration fee.
8.4 If You do not pay in accordance with these terms then Bikejobs may, at it’s option, rescind this Agreement and recover damages, or charge interest at the rate prescribed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 from the date payment was due until payment is made.
8.5 Nothing in these terms and conditions constitutes a partnership or agency relationship or joint venture between parties.
8.6 Any agreement formed on these terms and conditions is personal to you. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall give a person who is not a party to this Agreement any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of its terms.
8.7 Bikejobs failure to exercise or enforce any of Bikejobs rights will not be deemed to be a waiver of such rights nor bar their exercise or enforcement in future.
8.8 If You have any queries that You wish to address to us please contact Bikejobs by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone at 01780-768581 or by post at the address given below.
8.9 Bikejobs is a trading name of JMP63 Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under number 6455130 whose registered office is at Carlton House, High Street, Higham Ferrers, Nortants NN10 8BW and whose VAT Registration Number is 973 7578 60.
8.10 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts, such jurisdiction to be exclusive, save for infringement of copyright or non payment of Bikejobs invoices where it will be non-exclusive.