4th Dimension Innovation Ltd
August 27th 2021
10 days left
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Job Title : Motorcycle Quality Control Team Leader
Location : Egham, Surrey
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Job Tags :
Are you passionate about quality and do you have keen eye for detail? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a skilled individual to join our expanding team in Egham as our Quality Control Team Leader, ensuring that our customer's vehicles have been prepared to the highest standards.
4th Dimension are the leading provider of claims handling services to motorcycle insurers and brokers. Featured in the Sunday Times Fast-track 100 of the Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in the UK, we continue to experience substantial growth.
We provide a state-of-the-art facility equipped with everything required to undertake challenging and complex repairs to the most exacting standards; we are passionate about quality and innovation and this is reflected in all aspects of our work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Leading a team responsible for the valeting, quality and safety checking of our repaired motorcycles.
- Performing mechanical safety checks relating to both the work carried out and general roadworthiness.
- Performing electrical systems checks.
- Performing vehicle running checks supplementary to road tests.
- Performing paint inspection checks.
- Checking and completing repair documentation.
- Appraising the final repair against system details of the repair as planned.
- Liaising with Production Team Leaders for any issues or concerns found requiring second-opinion or rectification to agree remedial action.
- Imaging vehicles completed through quality control.
- Recording results of quality inspections for Management Information/Reporting and Root Cause Analysis and contributing to continuous improvement.
As you are directly supporting the management team you are expected to actively promote continuous development and this includes improving processes, cycle times and quality of work being produced; also assisting in improving and developing valuable and constructive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
As a Team Leader you will contribute towards the management and professional development of your team members.
The ideal candidate will have a great passion for the work they do. You should thrive while working with your colleagues in the repair production facility and across the business. You will have technical, IT, customer services and management skills and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical or service role within the motorcycle/automotive industry.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to work methodically and logically.
- Ability to work well in a team or autonomously as required.
- Have a flexible attitude towards working hours and be willing to work overtime.
Experience of quality processes and systems is desirable but not essential.
Benefits include 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, Loyalty based benefits, Uniform, Pension, Childcare Vouchers Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Monthly/Quarterly & Annual Team engagement events, beverages and free parking.