4th Dimension Innovation Ltd
August 31st 2021
13 days left
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum
Driving & Riding
Job Title : Motorcycle Road Tester
Location : Egham, Surrey
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum
Job Tags : Test Rider
Are you an experienced motorcycle rider and passionate about quality and attention to detail? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a skilled individual to join our dynamic and expanding team in Egham as a Road Tester, ensuring that our hire fleet motorcycles have been prepared to the highest standards.
4th Dimension Innovation Ltd are the leading provider of specialist claims handling services to insurance companies and brokers operating within the motorcycle sector. Featured in the Sunday Times Fast-track 100 of the Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in the UK, the company continues to experience substantial growth.
We provide a state-of-the-art facility equipped with everything required for our highly motivated team to undertake challenging and complex repair work to the most exacting standards; we are passionate about quality and innovation and this is reflected in all aspects of our work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing controlled road tests according to working processes and appropriate to the work that has been carried out on the vehicle.
- Performing electrical systems checks.
- Performing vehicle running checks supplementary to road tests.
- Checking and completing road test documentation.
- Liaising with Production Team Leaders for any issues or concerns found requiring second-opinion or rectification to agree remedial action.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including but not restricted to TCF principles, the DPA and HSE).
-To manage the parking and organisation of bikes awaiting and having just completed road test to ensure that they are safe from damage to aid visibility and efficiency of working.
-Coordinate and conduct our advance rider training and assessment scheme (assessing riders to a recognized standard every two years).
As you are directly supporting the management team you are expected to actively promote continuous development and this includes improving processes, cycle times and quality of work being produced; also assisting in improving and developing valuable and constructive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting directly to the Production Management team you share in accountability for the safety and quality failure rate of bikes leaving 4th Dimension.
You are accountable for ensuring that the failings you observe are accurately recorded, being done in such a way that it contributes to our continuous improvement.
Authority is given to liaise directly with technicians around repair queries and required minor rectification work and to feedback and seek agreement from the repair and hire fleet Team Leaders as to the course of action around significant, costly or repeated quality failures.
The ideal candidate will have a great passion for the work they do. You should thrive while working with your colleagues in the repair production facility and across the business.
You would need to have the relevant experience as a motorcyclist to perform your duties to high, exacting standards.
The following knowledge and experience is necessary in order to successfully complete this role:
- A full UK motorcycle (A – unrestricted) licence, free from any serious motor convictions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ riding experience.
- You will be a methodical, confident rider who is able to distinguish various faults or issues while road testing a vehicle.
- Able to distinguish that vehicle performance is in line within expectation.
- Technical experience is advantageous.
- You are systematic and organised, paying attention to the finer details.
- Experience of quality processes and systems is desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to work methodically and logically.
- Have a flexible attitude towards working hours and be willing to work overtime.
Previous experience or advanced riding qualifications are an advantage.