Motohaus Powersports Ltd
August 5th 2021
10 days left
Basic £35,000 OTE £50,000 per annum
Job Title : Operations & Sales Manager
Location : Hook, Hampshire
Basic £35,000 OTE £50,000 per annum
Job Tags : Sales, Operations
Motohaus is a well-established, privately owned, well-respected and brand driven company. We distribute a number of high-profile motorcycle related apparel and accessory brands through a wide number of channels both B2B and online B2C. These brands include both third party and wholly owned brands.
We pride ourselves on ethical relations with our small team, our suppliers and our customers.
The current holder of the position is seeking to concentrate on the finance side of the business bringing with it a unique opportunity for a special individual.
Equity share, bonus and succession opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Together with the existing management to
• Help formulate and implement the Company’s business strategy for long term growth and stability.
• Help implement new product development and adoption.
• Develop new markets and sales channels.
• Manage margins and operating costs.
• Streamline business operations through ongoing process improvement.
• Hire, train, monitor and motivate staff.
• Maintain high levels of customer service.
• Engage with suppliers at all levels.
Sales and Marketing:
• Understand market and customer needs and help coordinate that with the company’s sales and marketing function.
• Create and implement a sales and marketing strategy that generates consumer led demand.
• Seek growth through both geographic (Export) and market diversification.
• Develop clear KPIs that monitor and reward specific success and lead to change as required.
• Help ensure the best customer pre and post-sale experience.
• Maintain a first-class customer experience from order though to delivery by ongoing attention to processes and technology.
• Maximise cost efficiencies in all aspects of the order journey.
• Manage inventory to a exceptionally high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
• Maintain our Bonded Warehouse in accordance with HMRC requirements.
• Engage, develop and manage a well-trained, happy, and motivated team.
• Manage optimum staffing levels according to seasonal need.
• Engender a multi-tasking working environment.
• Observe and maintain an appropriate health and safety policy.
• Observe the company’s employment law obligations.
You may have recently completed an MBA. Equally you may have little formal education but have an existing track record. What matters is that you share the company ethos, what is agreed is delivered and that our staff, our customers, and our suppliers to be treated fairly and with respect whatever their background.
A rudimentary understanding of engineering and electronics, to the extent that it is relevant to our current product range, would be of significant benefit, if not essential.
Our business is built around brand. You will have a complete understanding of the value of brand, what constitutes brand, and how that translates into resilience and profitability.
A basic understanding of accounting is crucial.
As we seek to diversify our supply. experience in overseas sourcing would be beneficial.
This role would be best suited to a business graduate or somebody with between five to ten years’ experience in a similar role, and an interest in motorcycles.
The successful candidate will most likely possess most, if not all, of the following:
• Have an excellent command of English, a good grasp of grammar and spelling, and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Be a good communicator with excellent leadership and people skills.
• Will understand the power of brand.
• Be casual but well presented.
• Have an aptitude for problem solving.
• Be analytical, methodical, meticulous, and decisive.
• Naturally keep abreast of legislation as it applies to the company.
• Have demonstrable ability in planning, budgeting and accounting.
• Have a sound understanding of digital marketing and marketing in the post-print world.
• Be exceptionally IT literate.
• Understand basic engineering and electrics/electronics.
• Knowledgeable across the range of business processes.
• Proven experience in a similar role.