The Merlin Partnership Ltd
March 26th 2021
42 days left
Marketing & PR
Job Title : Marketing Executive
Location : Burntwood, Staffordshire
Job Tags : Marketing, Events, CRM, Brand Ambassador, Promotional Marketing
Merlin is a unique British brand, manufacturer and distributor of protective motorcycle clothing and accessories. Established in 2011, we have become a globally distributed product with markets including the USA and Australia.
We focus on collections aimed at different rider styles that include, protective jackets, trousers, boots, gloves and denim. We are rigorous in ensuring our products meet the standards we demand for the brand.
Our fast-growing business has developed through innovation, creative design and leading technical fabrics. As a result, we are recruiting for a Marketing Executive to join our close-knit Midlands based team, to support our community across various platforms and channels.
The Marketing Executive will work with the brand and product team to create exciting marketing campaigns that run through bricks and mortar stores as well as B2C and DTC channels. From conception through to KPI review, across Merlin’s various marketing platforms and using a number of marketing tools to deliver the brand message: print, digital, events, content, web, consumer and trade marketing.
- Maintain the Merlin website using experience of CMS, SEO, Analytics.
- Create and optimise web pages in line with other marketing activity and user activity ensuring an accurate reflection of the brand and product within the market.
- Control brand assets for online partners.
Print and Design:
- Work across multiple product projects ranging from collabs, capsule collections and new ranges to create supporting on product merchandising, catalogues and look books, POS/POP.
Social Brand Management/ PR:
- Create and follow a monthly/ weekly social media marketing schedule to create and operate the Merlin social media accounts; as well as exploring new, relevant platforms.
- Design and content unique digital advertising campaigns across a broad range of media (i.e. Mobile, Email, Banner).
- Deliver the PR plan by building strong networks amongst the media community, both vertical and horizontal publications.
- To identify and own the Merlin Influencer programme, working closely with the Brand & Product teams to identify consumer relevant influencers to connect with the various collections.
Consumer Insights and customer journey:
- Monitor the macro and micro environments, feeding insights to the broader brand team and business, to consider potential improvements or changes in marketing strategy, products or services.
- Assist in the organisation of company-wide marketing events.
- Manage and attend trade shows and industry events: UK and Overseas.
- Operate effectively and closely with key functional teams across Sales, Finance, Legal, Brand, Product.
The Marketing Executive will effectively work with the Merlin Brand Director in a wide range of roles to increase customer and consumer engagement in the Merlin and Route One products.
We are looking for an individual with an interest in sportswear, apparel and fashion. An individual that is able to multi-task, work independently, as well as working as part of a broader team.
The Merlin marketing team is growing, so it is a great opportunity for a junior marketer to learn, and contribute to shaping the Merlin brand.
We are also looking for the following characteristics/ skill sets:
- Good communicator – both internally and externally.
- Proven track record in marketing communications at a junior level.
- Have an exciting opportunity to influence and drive brand growth.
- Be high pace, organised, self-motivated, enthusiastic and have a passion for excellence.
- Knowledge of SEO, CMS and web analytics.
- Experience of delivering and managing social platforms: including curation of content, customer communication and PPC.
- Knowledge and experience of managing campaigns from brief, to creative signoff and production. Across print and digital.
- Educated to Degree level, ideally in Marketing / business undergraduate qualification, or otherwise a degree plus CIM marketing qualification.
- Ideally 2+ years marketing experience.
- Preference for a passion in motorsport, although not essential.
2+ years of experience in a marketing and communications role, preferably in the outdoor/sportswear industry.
Educated to Degree level, ideally in Marketing / business undergraduate qualification, or otherwise a degree plus CIM marketing qualification.
Knowledge and experience of motorcycle/performance/sportswear sectors.
Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office programs.