Herald Motor Company
December 1st 2020
5 days left
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Job Title : Motorcycle Workshop Manager
Location : Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Job Tags :
Herald Motor Company are looking for a Workshop Manager to manage our Motorcycle Technicians and ensure our bikes are being built to a high standard. Our small workshop is based on an industrial estate in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
As we look to expand our range of bikes and build British manufactured motorcycles in the future, we are looking for a competent Workshop Manager with previous senior Technician experience of building bikes and running motorbike workshops. For our latest range of bikes check out the Herald Motor Company website.
You will be responsible for coordinating the workshop operations ensuring an efficient service as well as helping develop new products with our Engineering team. With good people skills you will also be liaising with dealers as well as the Sales team in the office making sure everyone is kept in the loop with the latest updates.
The range of responsibilities and tasks includes:
• Ensure a professional, quality service (external and internal) at the various stages of sales and aftersales.
• Co-ordinate the provision of build and PDI services of Herald Motor Company products before they go out to dealers or customers.
• Co-ordinate the provision of a comprehensive maintenance and servicing schedule of Herald Motor Company and other products ensuring the highest standards of service and engineering. Ensure comprehensive fault diagnosis on vehicles through test drives and using specialist diagnostic equipment to identify & repair faults as well as stripping, fitting, and replacing components on vehicles. Provide comprehensive verbal and written reports of faults and findings so that customer requirements are met, and quality standards are maintained.
• Provide advice and guidance on spares and maintenance of Herald Motor Company products to both internal and external customers.
• Ensure that any workshop and servicing problems are highlighted to ensure they can be resolved in a timely manner
• Represent the Company at trade shows or exhibitions and other relevant bodies to promote Herald Motor Company proactively.
• Lead project work and bike development proposals with practical and commercially feasible options, planning and delivery as required.
You will need to have good experience of the motorcycle industry, preferably in a number of different positions. Your passion for motorcycles will have meant you’re used to speaking with dealers and customers alike as well as managing your own small team of motorcycle techs and mechanics.
You will be happy representing Herald at trade shows and ensuring the company can continue its dedication and devotion to develop the next generation of bikes.
If you think you’ve got the skill and talents to fulfil the role, send us your CV today.
- Experienced Motorbike Technician.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience of working constructively in a small team.
- Ability to establish good relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Good team-working skills.
- Good IT skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Understanding of motorbike maintenance as well as parts or accessories.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- A passion for the motorbike industry.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and ability to travel to dealers/exhibitions as required.
- Team management experience.
- Experience of working as the lead adviser/ practitioner, guiding others.
- Experience of machining and product/ part development.
- Use of computer aided design tools and software.
- Experience of working with dealers.
- Experience of product design and development.
- Experience of promotional activities such as exhibitions.
- Broader engineering training or qualifications.