January 8th 2020
£32,000 per annum
Job Title : Motorcycle Workshop Manager
Location : Central London
Job Tags : Technical , Service
We are looking for an experienced Workshop Manager who will be able to bring their passion and enthusiasm for the workshop into our Moto Guzzi, Piaggio & Vespa multi-franchise motorcycle business. Working with these successful and exciting motorcycle brands we are looking for a high quality candidate to join our very successful friendly Charlotte Street team. This role will primarily be responsible for maximising the potential of the workshop department by responding to our customers' enquiries and needs in a professional and timely manner.
Key responsibilities and duties are:
- Managing the workshop and customer service activities together with staff competencies in these areas, so as to optimise and sustain performance and customer satisfaction.
- Forward plan workshop schedules and priorities weekly, delegating jobs to technicians on a daily basis whilst ensuring all necessary booking information is provided and liaise regularly during each day to manage work-in-progress.
- Managing the upkeep and condition of all equipment and fixtures of the workshop.
- Managing and maintaining the effectiveness of relevant workshop IT and other essential in-store systems.
- Being the key interface between the workshop and customers making sure that all relevant work is carried out correctly and in a timely manner, keeping customers appraised of progress where necessary.
- Developing personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to company approval.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of Workshop or Aftersales management in a motorcycle or automotive environment and enjoy interacting with customers regarding work in progress and performance upgrades.
You should be able to communicate effectively with workshop staff and customers alike and possess a sound knowledge and understanding of motorcycles from a technical perspective. The ability to deliver the very highest level of service to customers is absolutely key.
A passion for motorcycles is an absolute must as is the ability to lead by example and deliver results.
A full motorcycle and driving licence.
An excellent salary package, including bonus opportunity, will be awarded to the successful candidate that fully reflects both the importance of this role to our business and your qualifications & experience.
Full ongoing industry leading brand specific training will be provided depending on the requirement.