Suzuki GB PLC
October 31st 2019
33 days left
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job Title : Motorcycle Marketing Communications Manager
Location : Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job Tags : PR, Marketing, Management, Internet, Events, Digital Marketing, Dealer Support, CRM
Suzuki GB PLC is the multi-product subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation (Japan), with a strong track-record of delivering success in the UK market with innovation, creativity and all the excitement that the industry brings. A place where passion, enjoyment and desire abound.
The purpose of the marketing department is to strengthen and grow the Suzuki brand in the UK market through the supply of superior value products to complement our customers’ ‘Way of Life’, while delivering against planned sales volume, sales turnover and operating profit, as a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation.
The primary function of this key role is to develop and implement marketing campaigns / assets / activities that deliver both short and long term Suzuki GB (SGB) commercial objectives including volume and profitability. Manage the day to day relationships and workload with the agencies and deliver Suzuki brand, product and service messages to generate awareness, sales leads and correct product positioning among the relevant target audiences.
The role is a 12 month secondment and is based at SGB’s Milton Keynes head office although you will be required to visit dealers and suppliers throughout the UK when necessary.
• Work with the National Motorcycle Marketing Manager, the SGB motorcycle management team and other internal and external stakeholders and, from that input, create, develop and implement integrated motorcycle marketing and communications campaigns.
• Manage the production of all marketing and promotional materials to support SGB motorcycles, including print collateral, online and digital communications, advertising, POS, CRM and customer journey materials, exhibitions and outdoor events.
• Create, plan and implement marketing campaigns and sales promotions in line with the agreed marketing plan and budget.
• Assist with the organistion and management of key national events and conferences as required, including the creation and implementation of event strategy, managing relevant agency partners, the delivery of pre-event promotion to drive awareness and footfall, associated data capture mechanisms with post-event evaluation and reporting; the purchase of appropriate event materials as well as on-site management of events and conferences including liaison with suppliers, agencies and business partners.
• Develop and implement marketing programmes that deliver meaningful lead generation and regularly assess and evaluate leads against activity and the methods of data capture.
• Develop and manage the full range of digital marketing tools including (but not limited to) website, search, online advertising, PPC, re-marketing and social media within the overall marketing communications to support the brand, products and services.
• Manage the Suzuki Motorcycles website content and development.
• Manage and maintain CRM programmes including customer data insights, data cleansing and customer profiling, with tailoring and review of marketing communications and customer journey communications.
• Assist in the development and activation of plans and programmes to leverage 2w motorsport and other brand / product sponsorships and partnerships for the benefit of motorcycles, and implement those plans with associated budgetary control and evaluation against KPIs.
• Assist the National Motorcycle Marketing Manager with regard to brand and data consistency, liaising with the relevant agencies to ensure prospect and current customers receive consistent marketing promotions including fulfilment letters and welcome packs.
• Brief and monitor planned divisional activities, including the coordination of campaign materials, liaising feedback between National Motorcycle Marketing Manager, Product Planner and relevant agencies.
• Develop clear objectives, monitoring and measurement criteria and tools for all marcomms activity to ensure robust review, evaluation and ROI.
• Assist the National Motorcycle Marketing Manager in the creation of legal documents and contracts in line with corporate business partners and race teams.
• Assist the National Motorcycle Marketing Manager with creating and drafting official SGB tender documents in line with specific events and programmes planned.
• Build and maintain professional and positive relationships with suppliers, agencies, the dealer network and other third parties.
• Work with the National Motorcycle Marketing Manager to support the dealer network regarding marketing support, developing dealer marketing campaigns and POS materials, identifying new opportunities to maximise promotion and sales.
• Ensure terms of company insurance are adhered to with the motorcycle event programme, updating SGB insurance provider with fleet information when required
• Maintain an understanding of the interactive/digital world, marketing and brand trends and best practice, to ensure SGB is at the forefront of new strategies and developing innovative ideas to drive the business forward.
• Provide administration and support to the National Motorcycle Marketing Manager and wider marketing team when required.
• Ensure all marketing systems are maintained, carry up to date and relevant information and where necessary, developed to ensure thy are fit for purpose.
• Reporting – both within SGB and to SMC on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual intervals.
As well as applying direct via this ad, you are requested to copy and paste the following url onto your browser and apply via the Suzuki GB website - https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/head-office-careers/
• Enthusiastic and motivated with a passion for motorcycles.
• Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage effectively with individuals and teams at all levels.
• Strong analytical aptitude and skills.
• Willingness to undertake work outside normal office hours and periodically travel throughout the UK as may be required.
• A collaborative ethos, with the ability to develop fresh ideas.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, to relate effectively with individuals at all different levels.
• Flexible in approach, with the ability to reprioritise and multi-task when required.
• Excellent organisation and time-management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities.
• High degree of self-motivation, productivity and acute attention to detail.
• Demonstrates a can-do attitude with the initiative, drive and resilience to see tasks through to completion.
• 5+ years’ experience in broad and integrated marketing and communications.
• Well rounded knowledge and experience of full mix marketing, especially digital and dealer marketing, and how this drives and supports sales success.
• Solid understanding and experience of core business functions.
• Budget management experience.
• Commercial acumen with knowledge and experience of crucial business functions.
• Degree level education in a relevant discipline and/or marketing qualification.
• Experience of a similar role within the automotive, motorcycle or similar industry.
• Event management experience.
• Understanding of GDPR compliance.
• Motorcycle licence.
A very competitive salary will be awarded to the successful candidate which will fully reflect qualifications and experience as well as the importance of this role within our organisation. There is also a comprehensive package of staff benefits which include:
Annual Company Bonus
Private Medical Insurance
25 days holiday, which increases with length of service
Car Rental Scheme